Dresden Quilt Blocks Reimagined Workshop
May 18 @ 1:00 pm - June 8 @ 4:00 pm
Start planning now for our first virtual workshop (via Zoom)! From the comfort and convenience of your own home and quilting area, we will be welcoming Candy Grisham and her Dresden Quilt Blocks Reimagined workshop. The workshop will be in two parts on Tuesday, May 18th from 1:00 – 4:00 EDT and June 8th from 1:00 – 4:00 EDT. This is an exciting workshop that includes traditional piecing with a new twist that adds your creative touch.
You’ll be creating your own unique small wall hanging featuring the techniques in the Dresden Quilt Blocks Reimagined book. The workshop will cover the basic Dresden blocks and then some of the Dresden 201 blocks which allow for creative piecing. A background (suggested 40″ x 40″) of your choice may be pieced or solid. You can start with your background or wait until your blocks are made.
This workshop is fun and creative and is meant for confident beginners up. Bring your willingness to be creative and step a little outside the box. There will be class time for sewing but since the workshop is in two parts, there will be plenty of time in between to play with your designs and do more sewing. Also, Candy has instructional videos that will be available to us via YouTube between the two sessions and for about a month after the workshop ends.
Hurry and reserve your spot. This will be a fun and exciting workshop!
Additional information about fabrics and any precutting will be sent out to those registered for class prior to the workshop.
Supply list includes:
- Sewing machine in great working order with 1/4″ foot
- Basic Sewing supplies: neutral thread, pins, ripper, scissors, marking tool
- Purple Thang or point turner (sometimes I use a knitting needle)
- “Dresden Quilt Blocks Reimagined ” book – suggested but not required. We can, however, get the book at a 10% discount and free shipping if you want one. List price is $24.95.
- 18-degree wedge ruler (Creative Grid or other). This is necessary for the class.
- 3 1/2″ circle template
- Rotary cutter, mat
- Pellon fusible lightweight interfacing – 18″ piece
- Cardboard or cardstock rectangle (other options are Clover Hot Hemmer or Susan Cleveland’s Prairie Point Turner but the cardboard is fine)
- Freezer paper – 18″
- Pressing ham is helpful to help press seams open
- Design wall is optional but helpful
Workshop Registration & Fee:
$45.00 non-Forsyth Piecers & Quilters members (non-guild members may register after April 26th)
To register, make your check payable to Forsyth Piecers & Quilters Guild and send to:
133 Parkway Court
Mocksville, NC 27028
Contact Lita Wieter, Workshop Chair, with any questions and to reserve a spot: firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-712-4791.