What Does the Guild Do With the Money from the Quilt Raffle?
- Nap Blankets for Section 8 Kindergarteners – we provide about 500 quilts for these children every year. Many of the children have never owned something that is only theirs. They love picking out their quilt and using it throughout the year for nap time. At the end of the year, they take it home and the guild starts making 500 more!!
- Senior Quilts – we provide quilts for seniors involved in the Meals on Wheels program.
- Quilts of Valor – we make quilts to honor veterans for their service to our country.
- Preemie Quilts – we provide baby quilts to the critically ill premies at Baptist Hospital.
- Teaching quilting/sewing to inner-city residents through City Lights Ministry.
- Engaging educational speakers to promote and enhance quilting skills.